DevOps: Accelerating software delivery across the business
While DevOps promises to deliver higher quality software it will not succeed without a strong focus on quality and expertise in applying measures to introduce and ensure this quality throughout a software product’s life.
Releasing poor quality software and inappropriate architectures can have a dramatic impact on the cost to maintain an application. This is especially true under tight time-to-market conditions and when the speed and capability to deploy rapidly with low risk is essential. This is where SQS comes into the picture.
The SQS Solution
In short, a well-executed DevOps strategy will enable an organisation to get more done. Continuous deployment of end-user features, with fewer faults overall ensure that customer satisfaction is front of mind and organisations gain a competitive edge.
This will impact the SDLC by:
- Higher Transparency by DevOps quality strategy and governance, architecture, release, and project portfolio management supported by statistics and dashboards
- Increased number of deployments from low cost test levels based on risks, adequate architecture and regression strategy, thus increasing the ability to deliver working features to end users
- Acceleration of testing in high complex environments by improved operation architecture and test processes, thus reducing the time required from idea to working implementation
- Shorter execution time, higher coverage, increased quality of processes and applications, and cost reduction by automation inside the complete SDLC
- High functional and non –functional feature quality by technical services for development and testing
- Improved productivity by introducing DevOps roles and services based on SQS global delivery from our centres of excellence e.g. Development Operations Centre Belfast
- Consistent application of agile processes, methods and related open source or commercial tool landscapes for different technology layers like .NET or Java
Services can be orchestrated to a mixture of onsite and offshore delivery to involve our SQS DevOps experts e.g. from Belfast. Quality Management services are managing the interface to our delivery centres.